Whether it is an upscale office building, a manufacturing plant, a distribution and logistics centre, or another commercial or industrial premises, indoor air quality requires careful monitoring. Air pollution affects every type of ventilated space in more ways than you can imagine. Poor indoor air quality (IAQ) deteriorates your employees’ health and working conditions and directly impacts the growth and profitability of your business. In addition, excess humidity or dryness, and temperatures that are either too hot or too cold, further impact the comfort and overall wellness of your staff and visitors.
Installing air purifiers and air cleaners is one of the most cost-effective solutions to enhance the IAQ of your premises and create safe, healthy and comfortable workspaces. The HVAC experts at TRI-AIR Systems discuss why every facilities manager or administrator should consider investing in air filtering systems for your commercial or industrial premises in Ontario.
The Role of Air Purifiers and Air Cleaners in Your Workplace
Some of the parameters and pollutants that impact air quality in commercial or industrial facilities are:
- Carbon Dioxide (CO2) due to tobacco smoke, perfumes and other personal care products, and poor ventilation system design, especially in airtight, energy-efficient buildings
- Toxic vapours from cleaning products, disinfectants, and glues
- Ozone from photocopiers or electric motors
- Dust mites, asbestos, fibreglass, or gases (including formaldehyde) from building materials, manufacturing activities, furniture, carpets, and upholstery
- Fungi, bacteria, moulds from damp areas in the premises
Without high-efficiency air purifiers and air cleaners, you may not be able to maintain the desired IAQ in your ventilated spaces, which could adversely impact the health of your staff, visitors and building occupants. The impact may:
- Trigger allergies, headaches, and eye irritation
- Cause fatigue and concentration issues
- Aggravate chronic health conditions, such as asthma
- Lead to heart and lung diseases or other life-threatening illnesses, such as cancer, due to prolonged exposure to specific contaminants.
From an organizational point of view, this can translate to:
- For Staff: Poor health, frequent sickness, missed work, and loss of income.
- For Customers and Visitors: Lack of a clean, odour-free and pleasant environment, which may have a detrimental effect on business transactions and relationships.
- For Business: Higher absenteeism, increased health claims from IAQ-related illnesses, poor performance, reduced productivity levels, and increased risk of potential safety hazards.
Be a Responsible Employer – Help Your Employees Breathe Easy!
Investing in the best air purifier and air filtering systems can significantly change the air quality in your indoor spaces. Partner with TRI-AIR Systems for all your commercial heating, cooling, air purification and air filtration requirements. We have over 40 years of experience providing top-notch HVAC solutions to diverse businesses throughout the GTA and surrounding areas. Our professional HVAC experts will:
- Take the time to understand the nature of your business, your heating, cooling and ventilation needs, and your budget.
- Study your premises to identify the contaminants (dust, allergens, odours, bacteria, mould, or a combination of some of these aspects) that may be causing poor IAQ.
- Give you options that include the initial installation costs, ongoing operating costs, and routine maintenance expenses (material and labour cost to replace filters, etc.)
- Help you choose the right air cleaners and UV-based air purifiers for your commercial or industrial facilities in Ontario.
Count on the experts at Tri-Air Systems for reliable, 24-hour commercial and industrial HVAC solutions. Call us at 905-470-2424 or contact us online.