Nothing lasts forever, and HVAC systems too, have lifespans of years with regular maintenance. At the end of that time, you will notice more complaints from employees and visitors. They may be too cold or too hot, and nothing you do seems to make a difference. Working with a reliable, professional commercial HVAC company that can quickly come in and assess your system is a wise choice. Soon, you will have a new system to keep your municipal buildings comfortable again.
How to Know When It Is Time to Replace Your HVAC System
What is the difference between replacing a part versus an entire system? It depends on these factors:
- Age of the System: If your HVAC system is nearing 15 years old, it is good to keep a close eye on things as parts will wear down, and the unit can crash. Look closely to see if it has much rust on it. If so, it is probably running much less efficiently than it is used to, and costing you money. Heavy usage will also affect the length of time you can get out of the units.
- Wear and Tear: Systems over the 10-year mark have weathered many storms. Extreme conditions will create a hostile environment under which it needs to operate. It will be much less efficient and probably need replacing.
- System Malfunctions: Regular maintenance will keep things working smoothly. Blown fuses, dirty filters, and oiled motors are relatively easy to fix. When the system malfunctions because of more severe issues, it may need to be replaced with a new model.
- Poor Indoor Air Quality: Air conditioners and heat pumps increase the air quality within the building. Humidity decreases the quality a little, but if it continues or you see dust, dander, debris, mold, and mildew, something bigger is probably wrong.
- Loud Noises: All HVAC systems make some noise; however, it may indicate a more significant problem if the sounds are louder than usual. A qualified technician can inspect and assess what is happening to your HVAC units.
- Increased Utility Bills: If your HVAC system seems to struggle to perform, take a look at your utility bills. They have probably increased drastically, indicating there is something malfunctioning with your unit.
The Benefits of a Scheduled Preventative Maintenance Program
New systems last much longer when you ensure regular maintenance stays on schedule. Enlist the services of commercial heating and cooling professionals to come in and service your system. When you do, you will reap these benefits:
- Extend Equipment Lifespan: Regular maintenance keeps your heating and cooling system running smoothly. Technicians will lubricate motors and bearings, clean coils, repair components, and change filters.
- Reduced Repair Calls: A trained technician locates potential issues before requiring repairs.
- Decreased Utility Bills: Your efficiently working system results in lowered utility bills.
Hire a Dependable Municipal Buildings HVAC Company
Rest assured that your municipal buildings will remain comfortable because you contacted TRI-AIR Systems. Our experienced and knowledgeable technicians will assess your HVAC units, handle any repairs, and perform maintenance to keep things working smoothly. Depend on us for all your commercial and industrial heating and cooling needs. Contact us today for installation, repairs, and maintenance of your municipal HVAC system.
Call us at 905.470.2424 or contact us online for your heating and cooling system installation, service, or repair.