As a property manager, you are tasked with keeping apartments, stores, and offices comfortable, no matter the season. Things will need repair or maintenance in due course. Some issues are common to property management companies caring for rental units and buildings. When things go awry, it’s good to have a quality commercial and industrial heating and cooling company on speed dial. They can come in quickly, make needed repairs, and get things back to being comfortable for your building occupants.
Common Heating and Cooling Problems to Watch for
No one wants to get the dreaded midnight call that a furnace has gone out in the middle of freezing temperatures. While you know this can happen, it’s good to know nine common issues that will crop up during your property management duties:
- Blocked Registers and Vents: One of the first places to look for complaints of inefficiencies start at the registers and vents. Often, they are blocked by furniture, home décor, and storage boxes. Moving the blocks allows for better airflow and an efficient system.
- Dirty Air Filters: Regular replacement keeps airflow moving. Blocked filters prevent the system from working as efficiently as possible and keep things comfortable.
- Obstructed Condenser Unit: Leaves and debris will block the outside unit causing the condenser to overheat and get damaged. Keeping it clear with consistent maintenance helps.
- Dirty Coils: Like the condenser unit, the coils need frequent cleaning to keep good airflow. When dirty, they cannot maintain good airflow and may overheat.
- Dirty Ducts: Infrequently replaced filters lead to dirt buildup in the ductwork. This buildup reduces airflow and efficiency.
- Pilot or Ignition Problems: Dirty pilot or flame sensors can cause ignition problems. Another possibility is a gas supply problem or wear and tear on the components. In all cases, have a professional look at the issues.
- Slow Blower Fan: The blower fans move air through the building. They can become caked with grime and run slower, resulting in less efficiency. They need regular cleaning to keep them in their prime working order.
- Poor Working Thermostat: A broken thermostat will not regulate the temperature correctly, causing the units to work harder. The result is a less comfortable space. Replacing a faulty thermostat can remedy this issue.
- Wrong Unit Size: Bigger isn’t always better. Instead, it can result in a poorly heated or cooled area. The right-sized unit eliminates this issue.
Partner Up with a Reliable Commercial and Industrial HVAC Company
You don’t have to struggle with heating and cooling problems or rely on general handyman services for these property management tasks. The team from TRI-AIR Systems stands ready to support you. Our well-trained HVAC technicians can assess the situation and perform maintenance or repairs quickly. We can even install new units when the old ones need to be replaced. We have decades of experience ready to assist you and your tenants. To learn more, please contact us today.
Call us at 905.470.2424 or contact us online for your heating and cooling system installation, service, or repair for your buildings and offices.