If you have a food processing plant, dairy, or brewery, you understand the need to keep your product cold. You need a unit that will quickly cool things down while maintaining efficiency. A common choice among professionals in these industries is a packaged air-cooled chiller. They are comprised of many parts, including a condenser, compressor, and evaporator. They extract heat from the ambient air and use attached fans to push cold air out. With the many different types of chillers, you are bound to find exactly what will fit your company’s needs. Remember to work with a qualified and licensed commercial heating and air conditioning company for the best usefulness and longevity.
Why Choose a Packaged Chiller
If you have been sitting on the fence about what type of chiller to purchase, consider these six benefits:
- Save You Money: Today’s packaged chillers install quickly by a certified team. Other types of chiller systems can take a team much longer and cost you more money. In short, the upfront cost savings is a big plus.
- Low Maintenance: These systems have fewer components for you to maintain than water-cooled systems. They don’t have a cooling tower, condenser pump, and other parts. Their simplicity makes them much easier to service and support.
- Energy-Efficient: We all want to save money when a piece of equipment is in operation. Packaged air-cooled chillers are energy efficient. For example, they have a feature called an electronically commutated (EC) fan that minimizes energy consumption. In the winter, you get the added benefit of the expelled heat from the cooling process.
- Saves Space Inside: Interior space is often at a premium. Packaged air-cooled chillers are housed outdoors. Since they take up less space than a water-cooled system, they are an excellent choice for facilities with limited space.
- Suitable for Water-Sensitive Locations: This option is an excellent alternative if you are located in an area that suffers droughts or has limited water supplies. You don’t need water to cool things down since the system uses ambient air to cool things down.
- Does Not Add to Humidity Levels: Some water-cooled chillers may produce additional moisture for already damp environments, exceeding ideal levels. Since no water is used, air-cooled systems do not add extra humidity to the area.
Quality Packaged Air-Coolers Start with TRI-AIR Systems
Get help deciding if a packaged air-cooler is the best choice for your facility. The trained HVAC team at TRI-AIR Systems is always happy to help you by answering all your questions. We have decades of experience and understand the needs of our customers. You can trust that our team will work swiftly to find the best solutions for you and your facility. We offer installation, maintenance, and emergency repair. Our phones are answered in person 24/7 because we understand that time is money and you need help now, not later. Get in touch with us today to learn more about our services, and let’s work together to get you the best packaged chiller system for your plant.
Call us at 905.470.2424 or contact us online for your next air-cooler system installation, service, or repair.