Energy-efficient heating and air conditioning systems go through many rigorous processes in manufacturing to ensure they meet government standards. Canada’s Energy Efficiency Act and Energy Efficiency Regulations provide the requirements manufacturers and dealers must follow. TRI-AIR Systems takes these regulations seriously by offering industry-leading energy efficient products to its customers.
A General Overview of the Regulatory Environment for Energy Efficiency
Whether you need repair work completed, or a new system installed, you will undoubtedly be familiar with the sticker and plates attached to certain types of equipment. All furnaces, air conditioners, and chillers must carry information regarding their energy efficiency. It helps to understand why you see what you do and how it affects the indoor comfort in your building. Here is a general overview of the requirements for Canada and Ontario:
- Dealers Must Follow the Regulations: Dealers include those businesses that are engaged in the manufacturing, importing, selling, or leasing of energy-using products. Said products include household appliances, water heaters, heating and air-conditioning equipment, and much more.
- Dealers Have Responsibilities: Any time you purchase new HVAC equipment, the dealer must ensure all products meet the energy efficiency standards. This includes those products imported or shipped from foreign countries or across provinces. Dealers may be required to affix labels or nameplates to some products. They must also file energy efficiency reports.
- Common Commercial and Industrial Regulated Products: Commercial refrigerators, refrigerator-freezers, freezers, ice-makers, refrigerated vending machines, walk-in freezers, and walk-in cooler components fall under these regulations. You will also find the following HVAC equipment regulated:
- Energy-recovery and heat-recovery ventilators
- Gas-fired unit heaters
- Ground-source heat pumps
- Large air conditioners, heat pumps, and condensing units
- Split-system central air conditioners and heat pumps
- Clean water pumps
- Electric motors
How a Scheduled Preventative Maintenance Program Keeps Systems Efficient
You may wonder how your existing equipment can be more efficient or if you must install new systems. When you work with a trusted, experienced HVAC company, you will find that your units last longer and save you money. That’s where preventative maintenance becomes vital. Consider these benefits of enlisting in a scheduled maintenance program:
- Extended Lifespan of Equipment: With regular maintenance, your HVAC system will continue to run smoothly. Service technicians will lubricate motors and bearings, clean coils, repair components, and change filters.
- Reduced Repair Costs: Issues are diagnosed on time and fixed before they become an expensive repair later.
- Lower Utility Bills: When your system runs well, it uses less energy to operate, resulting in lower utility bills.
Choose a Reliable HVAC Company to Handle Your Heating and Cooling Needs
TRI-AIR does more than follow energy efficiency regulations. We support our customers with outstanding service. Our knowledgeable technicians will assess your units and address any repairs, ensuring your systems remains in prime condition. We can handle all your commercial and industrial HVAC needs, including maintenance, service, and installation. We have over 40 years of experience waiting for you to put to the test.
Call us at 905.470.2424 or contact us online for your energy efficient commercial and industrial heating and cooling system installation, service, or repair.